-
September 11th, 2001, 06:28 AM
#1
Inactive Member
Just installed my ews64xl. Bougth second hand. My yamaha mu50 says "Illegal Data!" when i try to control it with midi1 and midi2. But i I route the signals via my Roland FP8 (e-piano), midi2 can control the MU50 rather well. Some hickups though. Midi1 still does not work on the MU50. The FP8 however seems to accept all the signals. This piano, however, is not multimberal, so it does not play the different channels with the correct sounds.
I can control the MU50 with the FP8 and my Atari 1040. So the MU50 should be OK.
I have not seen this problem discussed befor. Please help me out.
Regards
/Joakim in Sweden
------------------
-
September 13th, 2001, 08:59 AM
#2
HB Forum Owner
It's always very difficult to give a solution when other hardware (like your Yamaha) is involved. Not many users (if none) will have the same configuration.
In general Midi 2 is the best option to use, as Midi 1 seems to have some problems sending sysex data etc.
You should also have a IRQ assigned to Midi 2 (so no polling mode, unless you use Logic Audio).
Also check all the multimedia settings in the Windows configuration panel.
Did you install the latest drivers for the EWS (can be obtained from www.terratec.de or www.terratec.net)?
Maybe you can provide more specific information about your setup, so that your posting will generate more ideas for other users to help you.
good luck,
Arnoud.
------------------
Arnoud
-
September 14th, 2001, 05:13 AM
#3
Inactive Member
Thank you for tips. But it didn't work. And the drivers are the newest on the download site. august 2001. So I e-mailed the problem to Terratec, who gave me the following answer:
>Hello!
>
>This is a hardware problem, please make a >little description of the problem and send >us the card in for repair.
I have just a few things to test this weekend, but if they don't work out and if I don't get any furhter tips here, I will send the card in to Terratec.
/Jocke i Link?ping
------------------
-
October 18th, 2001, 05:21 AM
#4
Inactive Member
It was a hardwareproblem in the frontpanel. Terratec offered to exchange my panel for free, even though the warranty was way out. That is what I call service! Theys also offered to exchange the soundcard for DM 60 since it had a broken ram holder, which I accepted. Do you think I will consider Terratec when I upgrade my studio? YOU BET I WILL!
/Jocke
------------------
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks